Upcoming Training Opportunities:
The Operational Data Model (ODM) is a vendor-independent format used to store, interchange between data management systems, or archive study data, study metadata or administrative data associated with clinical trials. The ODM has been presented to the FDA as the standard for data archiving. This course also provides the basis for Define.XML.
This one-day course consists of:
- The technical framework for ODM
- An in-depth understanding of the model structure
- An overview of the XSL and other tools for working with XML
- Strategies for implementing ODM within your organization
- Introduction to ODM extensions including Define.XML
Successful Course Completion
- In order for a leaner to successfully complete a course:
- An education representative or learner will complete training registration.
- A learner will complete formative assessment survey
- A learner must attend course for 80% of total course time. Specific attendance requirements are posted in course information pages.
- A learner will complete final course assessment with a score of at least 80% correct.
- A learner will complete summative assessment surveys
- Remediation: The following requirements will be in effect if learner does not successfully complete all parts of training:
- If learner registers for course but fails to complete formative assessment in required time, learner will be notified that they must transfer registration to later date.
- If learner completes formative assessment but does not meet attendance requirement, learner will be notified that they must re-attend course in full.
- If learner meets attendance requirement in full but fails content assessment, learner is given a maximum of two additional re-attempts before being required to re-attend the course in full. Learner will be notified and will receive a certificate of attendance after the third failed assessment attempt.
- If learner successfully completes content assessment but fails to complete summative assessment, learner will be notified and CEUs will be on hold until summative assessment is completed.
A working knowledge of XML or other mark-up languages is helpful to understanding the material presented.