The Controlled Terminology Advanced Topics course provides a comprehensive deep dive of topics introduced in the CT basics course and the introduction of novel terminology content. Topics include:
- terminology pre-coordination and post-coordination
- an overview of specimen-based findings domains and their associated terminology
- best practices for CDISC change request submissions
- a deep dive into the NCI Metathesaurus
- considerations for Findings About terminology
- a comprehensive overview of the supplemental terminology products available from CDISC, including codetable mapping files, CT relationships, the Unit-UCUM mapping file, and the LOINC-LB mapping file
- Module 1: Terminology Pre- vs Post-Coordination
- Module 2: Best Practices for CDISC Change Request Submissions
- Module 3: Considerations for Specimen-based Lab Domains Terminology
- Module 4: Laboratory Findings (LB) Domain Deep Dive
- Module 5: Considerations for Units of Measure
- Module 6: Considerations for Findings About Terminology
- Module 7: Codetable Mapping Files
- Module 8: CT Relationships
- Module 9: NCI Metathesaurus Deep Dive
- Module 10: Controlled Terminology Extensions to Handle Anomalous Data Collection
At the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the FDA requirement for LOINC codes in LB datasets and the suite of new variables that can be used to fully represent a LOINC code in the LB dataset.
- Identify/choose/select the appropriate domain for specimen-based lab data and identify which variables within those domains have associated CDISC controlled terminology.
- Submit accurate and precise change requests to ensure successful and timely processing of the request.
- Locate and use/reference CDISC Codetable Mapping files.
- Locate and use/reference the CT Relationships product.