The Training Coordinator will organize, schedule, and facilitate CDISC Education Training Courses. They will coordinate day-to-day training operations and will ensure administrative, communications, business development, customer service and logistics activities related to training courses are carried out in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with the CDISC strategic plan, policies and processes.
Position Type: Full Time
Reports to: Head, Education
Direct Reports: none
Responsibilities of Position:
Training Course Strategy, Business Development and Operations
- Works directly with Head of Education to ensure that quarterly attendance targets, as defined at the beginning of each year, are met.
- Supports training courses business development to boost new and repeat business, draw in interest from potential host companies, and reach new audiences.
- Works with Communications and other Education and Events team members to develop and execute marketing and communications strategy for training courses to draw in interest and course registrants, including ensuring instructor and private training education web pages remain current and relevant, course messaging and eblasts, social media, etc
- Manages day-to-day operations of CDISC public and private training courses including:
- Monitoring and responding to all requests for training courses (private, public, licensed), as directed by Head of Education
- Arranging for public training agreements
- Managing the training registration process
- Tracking enrollment, revenue, and expenses, and cancelling courses
- Working with CDISC accounting team to ensure timely invoicing of Training Course clients, reconciliation of invoices (both A/P and A/R), and tracking outstanding payments
- Provisioning and shipment of training materials
- Distribution of post course certificates and questionnaires
- All other activities as directed by Head of Education to ensure the success and sustainability of the course offering
- Schedules instructors and serves as liaison to communicate all course details and ensure course is delivered according to plan
- Facilitates online and classroom event and supports training logistics
- From time to time, attends conferences to support CDISC Training Courses and Events
- Supports organizational revenue goals, including charging hours appropriately to grants. Supports the case for new grant submissions and renewals by providing data, written summaries, or other efforts as directed.
- Education requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Education or other relevant discipline (required).
- Experience requirements: Minimum three years’ relevant experience (preferred)
- Event coordination
- Client relations
- Business development
- Sales and marketing
- Project management
- Technical skills:
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual environment with computer and internet technologies, including Microsoft Office software (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and web meeting tools, and to learn new software quickly (required)
- Ability to identify, track and analyze data that are relevant to the overall strategy and goals of CDISC (required)
- Event registration management and administration (CVENT, GotoMeeting, SharePoint) (preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills (required)
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with challenging or ambiguous business situations (required)
- Experience coordinating volunteers (preferred)
- Demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Above average organizational and project management skills
- Ability to understand and follow direction, prioritize and manage multiple projects, work effectively in a fast-paced environment, and adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative team player
- Unwavering commitment to superb customer/member service
- General understanding of clinical research and CDISC standards
Physical work component:
- Light physical work: lifting no more than 20 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Travel for this position is expected to be 5% or less.
- Please send your resume/CV, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications without a complete cover letter including salary expectations cannot be considered.