CDISC Data Science develops and maintains a number of software applications in support of the CDISC mission, including the CDISC Library, standards metadata pipeline, standards authoring tools, and others. CDISC seeks to hire a creative and passionate Software Engineer with at least 2-5 years of software development experience. Microsoft Azure experience is strongly preferred. The Software Engineer will join our software development team to create new products as well as enhance existing ones. Familiarity with CDISC standards, clinical research, life sciences or general healthcare is a plus.
- Develop software applications that support the CDISC mission, including the CDISC Library, Data Standards Browser, standards metadata pipeline, and standards authoring tools
- Collaborate with the CDISC software development and data science teams to create solutions that advance the CDISC mission
- Collaborate with the system administrator in support of the overall technology stack
- Participate in an agile development methods
- Participate in documenting, estimating task duration, tracking, communicating, and updating project management in support of product development
- Translate business requirements into clear technical product requirements
- Resolve or escalate issues with urgency when they arise
- Adhere to all CDISC policies and procedures, including the Code of Ethics and the Intellectual Property Policy.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, data science, information systems or related field. Microsoft Azure certification a plus.
- Development experience using Microsoft Azure (e.g., DevOps, Active Directories, App Services, WebApps, Virtual Machines, Policies, Load Balance, Functions, Storage, Cognitive Search, etc.)
- Development experience with web-based APIs using Flask, REST, and GraphQL
- Development experience with multiple data stores, including document, graph, and relational databases.
- Development experience with multiple data formats, including XML and JSON
- Experience working with Git-based version control systems
- Experience developing backend technology solutions
- Experience designing, developing, testing, and deploying product increments in an efficient and automated manner (i.e., CI/CD and DevOps principles)
- Experience documenting technical designs and requirements
- A plus to have Microsoft Azure system administration experience
- A plus to have experience using Electron for UI development
- A plus to have experience using other front-end technology stack solutions (e.g., React.js, Node.js, Angular or Polymer, CSS/SASS stylesheets )
- A plus to have knowledge of CDISC products (e.g., CDASH, SEND, SDTM, ADaM, ODM-XML, Define-XML)
- A plus to have natural language processing experience
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Support direction provided by project management, Sr. Software Engineer, and product owner
- Communicating effectively to articulate expression of ideas to an audience that may not be technical
- Comfortable working independently in a highly agile environment using scrum development principles
- Highly self-motivated with a strong drive for collaborating across departments to make progress
Head of Data Science
As a virtual organization, CDISC allows staff to work from their home office. Minimal travel may be required as necessary to fulfill the duties of the position.
- Please send your resume/CV, cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com.
- Applications without a complete cover letter including salary expectations cannot be considered.