CDISC Data Science develops and maintains a number of software applications in support of the CDISC mission, including the CDISC Library, Data Standards Browser, standards metadata pipeline, standards authoring tools, and others.
The Software Engineer is part of the CDISC software development team to create new products as well as enhance existing ones.
Reports to: Head of Data Science
Responsibilities of Position:
- Develop software applications that support the CDISC mission, including the CDISC Library, Data Standards Browser, standards metadata pipeline, and standards authoring tools
- Collaborate with the CDISC software development and data science teams to create solutions that advance the CDISC mission
- Collaborate with the system administrator in support of the overall technology stack
- Participate in an agile development method
- Participate in documenting, estimating task duration, tracking, communicating, and updating project management in support of product development
- Translate business requirements into clear technical product requirements
- Resolve or escalate issues with urgency when they arise
- From time to time, represents CDISC in conferences, networking events, consortia, and similar activities.
- Collaborates with partnering organizations to advance projects of strategic interest to CDISC
- Speaks knowledgeably about CDISC standards, their relevance and effectiveness.
- Works with communications and marketing to ensure visibility of CDISC technology innovations
- In all activities and communications, represents CDISC professionally and demonstrates loyalty to the organization.
- Adheres to all CDISC policies and procedures, including the Code of Ethics and the Intellectual Property Policy
- Any other tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, data science, information systems or related field.
- Microsoft Azure certification would be a plus.
Technical skills and Other Capabilities :
- Development experience using Microsoft Azure (e.g., DevOps, Active Directories, App Services, WebApps, Virtual Machines, Policies, Load Balance, Functions, Storage, AKS, Cognitive Search, etc.)
- Development experience with web-based APIs using Flask, REST, and GraphQL
- Development experience with multiple data stores, including document, graph, and relational databases.
- Development experience with multiple data formats, including XML and JSON
- Experience working with Git-based version control systems
- Experience developing backend technology solutions
- Experience designing, developing, testing, and deploying product increments in an efficient and automated manner (i.e., CI/CD and DevOps principles)
- Experience documenting technical designs and requirements
- A plus to have Microsoft Azure system administration experience
- A plus to have experience using Electron for UI development
- A plus to have experience using other frontend technology stack solutions (e.g., React.js, Node.js, Angular or Polymer, CSS/SASS stylesheets )
- A plus to have knowledge of CDISC products (e.g., CDASH, SEND, SDTM, ADaM, ODM-XML, Define-XML)
- A plus to have experience using machine learning frameworks
- A plus to have natural language processing experience
- Support direction provided by project management, sr. software engineer, and product owner
- Communicating effectively to articulate expression of ideas to an audience that may not be technical
- Comfortable working independently in a highly agile environment using scrum development principles
- Highly self-motivated with a strong drive for collaborating across departments to make progress
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Commitment to integrity and team success
- Comfortable working in a virtual office environment
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Up to 15% annually to CDISC Working Group Meetings, Staff Retreats and Data Science Team Events
Please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.