Position Type: Full Time
Purpose of Position: Oversees day-to-day accounting operations, including monthly close of accounts and budget processes, and provides necessary insight and analysis to inform strategic planning and decision-making by leadership and operational managers.
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Direct Reports: Sr Accountant; A/R Accountant
Location: Austin / remote
Responsibilities of Position:
- Accounting Processes Oversight
- Delivers timely and accurate monthly and quarterly accounts.
- Supports the Budget preparation process.
- In coordination with COO, drives the annual audit process.
- Performs trends analyses as required (e.g., expense report filing tracking, membership benefit usage analysis).
- Operations Controlling and Compliance
- Maintains up-to-date Vendor files, including contracts, other required documentation, and approved vendor list information; drives the annual vendor evaluation process.
- Supports contract drafting processes.
- Oversees VAT reporting and ensures accurate and timely filings as required.
- Management and Leadership
- Ensures work is adequately allocated between the different team members, and deliverables are met in a timely manner and with the expected level of quality.
- Ensures frequently and detail-level-appropriate internal communications both within their team as well as across the whole organization.
- Ensures monthly time sheets are completed in a reasonable time and approves them.
- Receives and approves regular requests for leave time, ensuring coverage within unit of work and/or projects during holidays and other times of significant staff PTO requests.
- Ensures team members benefit from the support and oversight they need to meet their goals in a meaningful and fulfilling way.
- Manages, motivates and supports the career development of a high-performing team.
- Approves expenses and expense reports.
- Ensures departmental adherence to CDISC Travel Policy.
- Performs ad hoc analyses as needed.
- In all activities and communications, represents CDISC professionally and demonstrates loyalty to the organization.
- Any other task as directed by supervisor.
- Education requirements: Bachelor’s degree (required) or Master (preferred) in a relevant discipline (e.g., accounting, business, finance) with 5 or more years’ full time work experience (required)
- At least 3 years in a management / supervisory position (required)
- Technical skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel) (required); knowledge of Netsuite accounting software (Preferred)
- Other: Proven knowledge of non-profit accounting and grant compliance requirements (preferred)
Other skills and capabilities:
- Demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Ability to understand and follow direction, to prioritize and manage multiple projects while meeting set deadlines, and to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to lead an experienced and get buy-in from diverse constituents with competing
- None expected
Please send CV, cover letter and compensation requirements to email@example.com.