The Grant Coordinator will organize, schedule, and facilitate the development of grant applications and all supporting documentation, and perform a general support function to Partnerships and Development.
Position Type: Full Time
Reports to: Vice President, Partnerships and Development
Direct Reports: none
Location: Austin or Remote
Responsibilities of Position:
- Support grant writing and document compilation to support funding application preparation.
- Organizes and maintains award files on behalf of Partnerships and Development, Project Management and Finance on SharePoint.
- Maintains master tracking ledger (manifest) of grant awards, modifications and status, and cooperative agreements on SharePoint.
- Works with Project Management Office (PMO), Data Standards, Data Science and Finance to gather information and documents needed (e.g., CVs, Biosketches, budgets, etc.) for grants application and management.
- Reviews and records all incoming grant related requests and serves as point of contact.
- Enters appropriate information into client grant application systems (e.g., ERA Commons, ASSIST, Grants.gov, and IMI systems, etc.), as appropriate.
- Prepares and reviews all outgoing proposals for approval by the VP, Partnership and Development and the CEO, as assigned.
- Ensure high level of quality control and accuracy for all grant related documentation.
- Conduct other duties as needed.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in fast-paced remote environment.
- Excellent project management skills, including organizational skills and outstanding attention to detail.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and web meeting tools. Ability to learn new software quickly.
- Professional level skills in oral and written communication (required).
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with challenging or ambiguous business situations (required).
- Ability to understand and follow direction, prioritize, and manage multiple projects, work effectively in a fast-paced environment, and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Positive, collaborative, team player.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Education requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences, Liberal Arts, Communications, or other relevant discipline (required).
- Experience requirements: Minimum three years’ relevant experience in an office or remote setting. (preferred)
- Direct experience in managing, organizing, and writing.
Other Skills and Capabilities:
- Language: A second language is a plus.
- Commitment to superb member and team service
Physical work component:
- Light physical work: lifting no more than 20 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Travel for this position is expected to be 5% or less.
- Please send your resume/CV, cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com.
- Applications without a complete cover letter including salary expectations cannot be considered.