CDISC is a global, open, multidisciplinary, non-profit organization that has established standards to support the acquisition, exchange, submission and archive of clinical research data and metadata. The CDISC mission is to develop and support global, platform-independent data standards that enable information system interoperability to improve medical research and related areas of healthcare. CDISC standards are vendor-neutral, platform-independent and freely available via the CDISC website.
The CDISC Vision is to Inform Patient Care & Safety Through Higher Quality Medical Research.
- Lead the development of standards that improve efficiency while supporting the scientific nature of clinical research.
- Recognize the ultimate goal of creating regulatory submissions that allow for flexibility in scientific content and are easily interpreted, understood, and navigated by regulatory reviewers.
- Acknowledge that the data content, structure and quality of the standard data models are of paramount importance, independent of implementation strategy and platform.
- Maintain a global, multidisciplinary, cross-functional composition for CDISC and its working groups.
- Work with other professional groups to encourage that there is maximum sharing of information and minimum duplication of efforts.
- Provide educational programs on CDISC standards, models, values and benefits.
- Accomplish the CDISC goals and mission without promoting any individual vendor or organization.